Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cattlemen to Cattlemen

http://bcove.me/itxna3lh

This week has been a whole lot of recipe testing and yesterday I helped cater a meal. We made Argentinian Beef Melts (open-faced sandwiches with chimichuri, roasted red peppers, and provolone cheese), chips and guacamole (starting to love the stuff...it is VERY popular here), a green salad, and dulce de leche butter cookies. The sandwich recipe is on the Beef It's What's for Dinner website (http://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/) . I encourage you all to look there :)

Also I am going to help out on the culinary team's next segment for Cattlemen to Cattlemen. This is kind of like a Mr. Food clip equivalent to home. My co-workers have short videos on this website if you would like to look any of them up and "meet" them. You will learn many tips on how to cook beef properly.

I should mention that I was introduced to the tri-tip roast this week. WOW! What a great cut of meat. It started off being prevalent in California and is working its way over--hopefully to Iowa soon! You can grill it, roast it, saute it and finish in the oven (I sound like Buba talking about shrimp-haha). Either way it tastes like a cross between a sirloin steak and a filet. I had it served in a Greek Salad.

Please look up a clip or two!

Everyone have a good Friday...and a great 4th of July weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment