Sunday, July 3, 2011

Coyote Song Trail



That's right...the "You're not dreamin'...you're in Beaman" shirt is being worn in Colorado! I also sport many Iowa State t-shirts just so people know where I'm from :)

My supervisor and her husband took me to Coyote Song Trail this Saturday. It was gorgeous, more red rocks that I love to see! It was near Littleton, CO. The trail is about 3.5 miles total and weaves  around rocks and wildlife. They told me last time they were there they saw a rattlesnake--which made me think of my Aunt Ardelis! We did not see one this time, thankfully enough.

It was a fun morning and afterward they took me to No-no's Cafe. The owners are from New Orleans so the menu is Cajun inspired. I had a fried catfish po-boy, trying something somewhat true to the cuisine--any food is helped out by being fried! The homemade tartar sauce is what made that sandwich...with fresh dill.

Today I saw Larry Crowne at the movie theater located in Southglenn (I mis-spelled it before). It was a very nice theater-14 screens. Tom Hanks never disappoints in my book. He wrote it under his Playtone production company. That Thing You Do actors pop up here and there...and Wilmer Valderrama (who will always be Fez to me). The plot is predictable, but it puts you in a good mood after. Julia Roberts co-stars. Now I feel like a movie critic! Haha!

Tomorrow I will go to a co-worker's house to barbecue. I am bringing coleslaw! Everybody have a great 4th of July weekend!

FYI...fireworks are banned in CO--oh, well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment