Friday, July 22, 2011

Klug Studio Photo Shoot!

Wednesday and Thursday were spent in downtown Denver at a Professional Food Photographer's studio!!!! I had such a great experience getting to see the recipes I helped write, test and develop being put under awesome lighting. It was a four-person team: Food Photographer, Food Photographer's Assistant, Food Stylist and Food Stylist's Assistant. Watching them work was entertaining :)

There were so many different "gadgets" found in a huge tool box to help the food along. Browning pigments, tweezers, cake pedestals, and more were used to enhance the look of the meat as well as put the plates together. Every so often they would ask for our input on how the dishes should look or how the beef should be portrayed.


There was a stand-in plate to get the placement correct on the lense and then there was the "hero" plate. This is a picture of them staging the Beef Tikka Masala.

Another job of the crew was to keep me and my co-worker fed and comfortable--in which they did with flying colors! They made us breakfast, stocked the fridge with beverages and ordered us in lunch.

The second day we ordered food from H Burger, a restaurant that serves gourmet burgers and nitrogen ice cream shakes!!!! I knew I always wanted to try buffalo...and they had a buffalo burger on the menu. Everyone urged me to order it...and two others ordered the same thing! This picture displays me being scared of what my Dad would think of me eating a buffalo burger (haha)!



The photo below is taken from H Burger's website: www.hburgerco.com. This is a picture of what the burger looks like up close...buffalo burger, jalapeno jack cheese, green onion, BBQ sauce, and onion rings. It was tasty, but I most definitely will stick to beef from now on (quite gamy). Dessert was the bomb though: nutella toasted marshmallow milkshake (nitrogen ice cream-style). It was fun!

As you will find out from me, I am adventurous with my education as well as food...but everything else I am a little hesitant about :)



What a great experience to get to speak to professionals who have clients such as: Kellogg's, Werther's, Silk and Domino's Pizza to name a few! Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment