Monday, July 11, 2011

Cherries & Creme Sandwich

Ok...I realize that there is no meat in this sandwich AND that it may only appeal to my female followers but everyone should give this creation a chance! I love cherries and I love Havarti cheese, that is where this all started. So I packed this in my lunch today and was amazed. The tanginess of the cream cheese and the tartness of the cherries is perfectly mellowed out by the creaminess of the Havarti.

This is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner! If you have some deli turkey meat around, that would be great in this sandwich as well. Creativity is key in cooking I tell you--have fun in your kitchens :)

Cherries & Creme Sandwich
Wheat bread, two slices
Plain, whipped cream cheese (as much as you want!)
Fresh cherries, sliced (arrange them on top of the shmearing of cream cheese)
Havarti cheese, two slices (you can substitute Swiss cheese or Gouda if you'd like--it's about the same flavor profile)

No comments:

Post a Comment