Sunday, July 10, 2011

Downtown Denver/Denver Museum of Art


On Saturday, my day started off on the RTD Light Rail headed towards downtown Denver! My station, Dry Creek, is only about 2 minutes away from where I'm staying this summer. Needless to say I was pretty proud of myself that I got on without a glitch. My supervisor at work was nice enough to give me a tutorial on how to use this mode of transportation along with printing off every map and schedule of the city for me, which helped :) It was about a half an hour journey to Union Station, the last stop and my destination. The light rail takes you past Colorado University, Mile High Stadium, and an amusement park.

A friend of mine from my Bible study in Ames got me acquainted with her fellow "College of Design" friend before the school year was over last semester. Of course she was a sweetheart, so I looked forward to meeting up with her eventually in Colorado. We decided to meet up at the Denver Museum of Art for an adventure! The sculptures outside were my favorite...especially the giant dust pan below!


She has a picture of us standing in front of this...maybe I will post it later.

There was a great view from a window on the 7th floor of Building #2. Civic Park is shown here (we think that is the name of the park-haha).

After the museum, we had lunch at Marlowe's. It was great! I had a thinly sliced pork loin sandwich with pepper jelley and mustard mayo...my friend had a filet minon sandwich! I knew I liked her :) Both of us had sweet potato fries on the side. We went shopping at the 16th Street Mall and later got some gelato!

It was a good adventure for me to take. We both had a lot of fun together. Denver has some pretty buildings and a great art museum, but I was relieved once I got back to Towne Place Suites. There are just so many things a small town, Iowan girl can handle in one day! Sometimes I think I see corn fields when I close my eyes...in 5 days I will be looking in the eyes of my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment