Friday, June 10, 2011

Maid rites + Velveeta Cheese sauce= a great marriage!

http://www.lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=9469

The other day I was introduced to the department members at their monthly board meeting. The culinary team made the meal to go along with it as well as catered an event for another meeting in the office.

As we were making a Cabernet Sauvignon BBQ sauce for brisket sandwiches, a co-worker decided that we would only have enough to feed one of our groups for the day. So my supervisor said...why don't I make loose meat sandwiches for the board meeting? I instantly thought...what a great reminder of home!

An added touch, was a decided "maid rite sandwich bar" where there was sauteed mushrooms, jalepenos, shredded cheese, ketchup, mustard, and...VELVEETA CHEESE SAUCE! Why had I never thought of that?! Basically a sauce was made by thinning out velvetta cheese, only slightly because the idea was for the spoon to get stuck in the bowl and glupped up for the next person in line :)

Of course I tried this delicious sauce and added sauteed mushrooms to my maid rite! It was FANTASTIC! We also had potato salad (that was my job--I didn't make Ann's version though...NCBA does not need to know her secrets-ha!), baked beans, chips, and angelfood cupcakes. These cupcakes were a great idea from our pastry chef who made individual, light-as-air, cupcakes and set out the fixins for a strawberry shortcake!

The photo above is not MY maid rite sandwich...I did not have time to take a picture of it before it was devoured :)

Have great weekends everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lovely!
    I just figured out how to post comments and wanted to leave you one on your blog. I just posted a comment on Madison's blog. Did you? I saw a Cassie posted something and it sounded like a breakfast you would like:) I hope one of us wins that Foodzie Tasting Box! I hope your work day is going well:) I'm thinking of you as I drink my chai latte here at work. Much love, Lou

    ReplyDelete