Saturday, June 18, 2011

Red Rocks Park

 I was invited to go to Red Rocks Park today and was amazed at what a place it truly is! This naturally-occuring rock formation was turned into an amphitheater in 1910. It houses rock concerts to orchestra concerts...currently Willie Nelson is in concert (I decided to skip that one-haha!). On Monday nights they show movies; July 5th is Top Gun, then the Goonies is after that. The rocks are 6,450 ft. above sea level.  These formations are described as being "Great Plains meet Rocky Mountains." That is a very accurate description, as you see beautiful red rocks in one direction and foothills in the other direction.

The park is near the town of Morrison, CO which is west of Denver (you were right Dad, I do not know my directions...especially here!). We saw people hiking, biking, and also running up the amphitheater seats! It was intense, let me tell you!


 Avid athletes! I even saw someone doing push-ups at an incline DOWN the steps...and of course people with their dogs :)




You can see the Denver skyline from your seat at night I was told.

I had a super day with great people...praise God for his beautiful creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment