Sunday, June 26, 2011

Southglen Shopping Center

 This weekend I decided it was time to stop by the Southglen shopping center to walk around. I also have another place to shop, Park Meadows Mall which is a few blocks from where I'm staying, but to me I just feel like I am being swallowed by all of those people by myself (it is comparable to Jordan Creek in Des Moines).

Usually I do not get too excited about shopping, unless it is at William-Sonoma or Crate and Barrel, but I thought I would give it a chance. What I found is that this shopping center is like a gorgeous park complete with hanging plants and places to eat.  There were fountains in a couple of locations and a courtyard. I knew right away that I was going to bring my family here when they come mid-July! Yes, Hattie there is a Macy's and Maemie there is a Mexican restaurant. Mom, I went in to the store Parmida...and it is right up your alley (candles, bowls, maybe even some fake fruit--haha). Dad...you and I can enjoy the scenery!

My foodie personality took over and I checked out Whole Foods as well. It was quite the experience! The butchers counter had options ranging from bison burgers to scallops. Exotic fruit and veggies filled the produce section. What I will say is you have to pay attention to sales. On special was three pints worth of blueberries for $5.99...on the other hand there was a section with take-home, cut up mixed fruit and berries where two pints equalled a whopping $13.00! I about fainted :)

I did find some lunch there...again you have to be careful because they sell food by weight. Sorry everyone...I enjoy good salmon once in a while! Also I had some edamame succotash and wheatberry/quinoa salad on the side. I took it outside to eat as there are tables for customers...and it was perfect! Can't wait to show people this hidden gem!

Today I get to have lunch with a girl who was in my Bible study this past semester! She is staying in Breckenridge for the summer. It will be fun to have some girl talk :)

 A couple of some cute food stands are near the courtyard area...









 Mom, this is your store!
YUM! Izzie is a fruit juice and sparkling water beverage...very tasty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment