Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day & meeting my co-workers

Memorial Day weekend was so much fun! It was great to get to see most of my family members before I made the trip west. This photo was captured by accident, I believe--nice work MOM! Another one of your beautiful photos :) I rather enjoy the candidness of it.

Speaking of Mom...she was so great getting me to Colorado! The first portion of our journey was through western Iowa...in the wind I might add. It didn't seem as though it phased her. I think she was keeping Cracker Barrel in the back of her mind, which was a SUPER incentive. We made it as far as Lincoln, Nebraska the first day and drove the remainder of the way on Tuesday. It was a pretty drive through Nebraska, I got to drive some.

We arrived in Centennial, Colorado around 3:30 P.M. on Tuesday. It is a very nice town, I keep thinking I am in Susie and Grant's previous area near Washington, D.C. The mountains are beautiful in the distance. I am getting acclimated to the area but still think of Beaman, Iowa often.



This evening my co-workers took me out for a burger and fries! The name of the place was called Juicy Burger and was located in a strip mall. The locals always know the good places to eat :) We all had burgers of course...mine had the works with a cheddar cheese spread on it. Yum! I look forward to working with these individuals and getting started helping out with the Young Cattlemen's Conference the rest of this week and on Saturday.

As Dad told me to do...in the words of Sean Toohey (The Blind Side), "Just have some fun."

Thanks for all of your kind thoughts and prayers...it means more than you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment