Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dog Watchin' and Snooze Eatin' :)

One more week left of this great adventure I've been on. It seems like it has been a long time since I've been home...but sometimes it feels like the time has flown by. Hopefully this week will allow me to go out "with a bang!" It will be hard saying good-bye to these awesome people. I've decided that Coloradans might be the most friendly people west of Iowa ;)

This beautiful pooch is Sadie--I am dog-sitting this last week for an awesome couple I met at work. I think she's a corgie(? spelling)...not really sure. One day I will be better with knowing dog breeds!

Sadie is very well-mannered and practically drug me on our walk this morning! It is fun thus far!

Also...I'm not ashamed to say that I have an addiction--to Snooze A.M. Eatery! Let me just start by saying I didn't mean to begin this habit...but I fell into the routine of eating at Snooze and then going on a walk the past few weekends. I'm not letting myself feel bad though...because I THOROUGHLY enjoy it! It's research, right? hehehe



Iced Chai Tea...SUPER good! Not too sweet--and "cinnamoned" ice cubes to boot :)


Don't be alarmed! Yes, those pancakes are blue! These are the Blue Mesa Pancakes: blue corn and buttermilk pancakes studded with sweet corn and topped with a pinion (pine nut) butter and green chile maple syrup. This may sound weird...but I was drawn to it. I was so happy to find out they were delicious! They kind of had a cornbread flavor. No...I couldn't finish them in one sitting, which is saying something ;)



I will leave you with my breakfast from last Sunday: Vanilla Almond Oatmeal Brulee--WOWZA! This was exceptional and served with a little pot of cream. Again, Snooze does a great job with embellishing food without making it too sweet--which I appreciate.

Don't judge me...if you were here you'd get sucked into the trap too! Enjoy the rest of your weekends and have a pleasant week to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment