Monday, June 20, 2011

High Line Canal Trail



 Yesterday I took a walk on the High Line Canal Trail. A co-worker of mine had brought me there previously, but it was my first time going on the trail solo. A lot of people, young and old, use this trail and are very friendly.

I was glad to have something to get me out of my room as it was a tough day to be away from home. I did celebrate Father's Day though by getting a couple of Krispy Creme donuts and chocolate milk for breakfast (there is an actual Krispy Creme shop dangerously close to me!). Dad was proud :) At the end of the day, we had our first family skype session! Boy was that fun! I got to say Happy Father's Day to my Dad's handsome face :)

So, back to the trail...beautiful sights! I took a picture of a cottonwood tree for everyone to see. These trees fascinate me...the wind blows their "cotton" everywhere. You have to wear sunglasses just so they don't get into your eyes. They are very pretty trees even though they can be a nuisance. Also, there are some organic honey producers that live along the trail.

The trail system in Colorado is so smart and easy to follow. There are maps all along the trail telling you where you're at and where you can meet up with another trail. Many people use it for biking because you can go for many miles on it. The trail is also very well-shaded.

I hope everyone had great days with their fathers...or thinking of their fathers!













No comments:

Post a Comment